- All students and staff are treated equitably and with respect.
- All students are ready for kindergarten.
- Foster a school climate in which students and staff are nurtured and safe.
- Graduates are prepared for career and/or post secondary education.
From The Graduate Profile:
- Equity is a lens through which all decisions should be made.
- Family and community engagement and effective partnerships are essential to achieving our vision for student success.
- Students play a critical role in their learning.
Specific Areas of School Board Continued Focus
- Continue and expand professional development, strategies and practice in culturally responsive teaching.
- Develop an intentional framework to increase School Board effectiveness, cohesiveness and function.
- Encourage and support innovation and collaborative decision making with staff and administrators in each building.
- Ensure that all students read at grade level by third grade, and continue to progress.
- Evaluate programs and initiatives for their effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes well before the budget is developed.
- Expand community engagement.